Saturday, October 4, 2008

Assistent Coach Andre has the word!

Today was my first opportunity to be on the bench with Fredrik as we have split the two teams so far. After 14 years as head coach, I have been looking forward to exchange ideas and learn from Fredrik. Fredrik is animated behind the bench and stays focus. He has an excellent approach with the kids today with good encouragement. We have a similar style as I come from Quebec and we play similar hockey as in Sweden with fast movement of the puck and good flow.

We played a good team today and started with a goal on the first shift. We dominated the first period and got a two goal lead. Then, we had 3 penalties in a row and the opponents, the New Jersey Rockets, scored on all three short-hand. We have not practiced short-hand yet and we have to start the third period on a penalty again. Fredrik asked me to give quick and precise directives to the kids between the period to make sure we box up properly. The result is that we killed the next two penalties and scored later in the period to make it a tie game. We outshot the opponent 28-19.

It was a good first game as the opponent was one of the good team in the tournament. I am looking forward for tomorrow's games.

Andre

I enjoyed my first experience with Fredrik

No comments: